Friday, April 8, 2011

Monday, April 11, DIAMANTE POEMS

Objective: Students will create original cause / effect diamante poems.

DO NOW

Identify cause / effect of each of the following statements:

1. I passed the course because I studied hard.

2. Since it was raining, I brought an umvrella.

3. i woke up late, therefore I asked for a ride to school.

4. The sun is shining and I got really tan.

5. The ocean is salty which made my eyes burn.


6. Directions for Diamante Poems. Review together and read examples together.

7. Handout rubric and review together.

8. Write two original cause / effect diamante poems. Check them against the rubric. Show me. If approved, write neatly on clean paper provided. Use colored pencils and markers. Make paper a diamond shape. You may design and illustrate around the diamond shaped poem .

9. Hang your poems on the wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment